Find a Treatment Center Near You
focus on patientsIntroduction
The Oncidium foundation focuses on patients by informing them about the latest knowledge around Contact us to share your testimonial with the rest of the community.and by helping them locate the nearest practitioners. You benefited from this technology and wish to give back?
Together, let’s spread the word, better, faster.
FOR WHICH CANCER TYPES
could be the best solutions for many cancer treatments in some cases, including:
How Does it Work?
Radiopharmaceuticals are molecules developed as diagnostic and/or therapeutic agents based on drugs labeled with radioactive atoms and injected as a drug to patients. When these molecules are developed as pairs for diagnosis and therapy in the same disease, they are called Radiotheranostic pairs.
• For each pathology, specific ligands can be associated with receptors from the targeted cells
• This can be converted in a that will carry a radioactive to this target
Precisely target a biological entity that is specific for one tissue, one type of cell or one organ (e.g. a tumor cell).
Depending on the type of emitted(rays or particles) the ( ) will act as:
- A , i.e. an (diagnosis) agent emitting a signal from the target-bound tissue OR
- A drug, i.e. a therapeutic agent destroying the targeted cells
• Destroy cancer cells with minimum damage to healthy tissues
• Potential to reduce the risk of side effects
• May improve the quality of life during and after treatment
• Alternative option for recurrent disease
• Conditions where conventional has reached its limit
Guidelines to start treatment
Become a Volunteer
Participate fully to the life of the foundation by volunteering. Everyone is welcome to contribute to help spread the word on this life saving technology. Explore the website, spread the link, tell others about the technology, come back with questions or with answers, or become an Ambassador for the Oncidium foundation in your country.