focus on patients
The Oncidium foundation focuses on patients by informing them about the latest knowledge around radiotheranostics and by helping them locate the nearest nuclear medicine practitioners. You benefited from this technology and wish to give back? Contact us to share your testimonial with the rest of the community.
Together, let’s spread the word, better, faster.
FOR WHICH CANCER TYPES
Radiotheranostics could be the best solutions for many cancer treatments in some cases, including:
How Does it Work?
Radiopharmaceuticals are molecules developed as diagnostic and/or therapeutic agents based on drugs labeled with radioactive atoms and injected as a drug to patients. When these molecules are developed as pairs for diagnosis and therapy in the same disease, they are called radiotheranostic pairs.
Depending on the type of emitted radiation (rays or particles) the atom (radionuclide) will act as:
- A tracer, i.e. an imaging (diagnosis) agent emitting a signal from the target-bound tissue OR
- A drug, i.e. a therapeutic agent destroying the targeted cells
BENEFITS OF NUCLEAR MEDICINE
• Potential to reduce the risk of side effects
• May improve the quality of life during and after treatment
• Alternative option for recurrent disease
• Conditions where conventional radiotherapy has reached its limit